Monday, January 12, 2009

Steven Wisniewski

Steven Wisniewski was my Great-Uncle or sometime termed Grand-Uncle. He was born 18 Aug 1913 in Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana to Ignatious Wisniewski & Catherine Domick. Uncle Steve died on 10 Mar 1993 in the same city that he was born in.

Uncle Steve married Helen Marie Gatchell on 26 Oct 1938 in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

He worked and retired from Harvester International in Fort Wayne. Uncle Steve always had a large and bountiful garden. I can remember visiting them several times when I was young as he raised pigeons in the back of his garage. He butchered and ate them too which seems rather foreign to me at the time but I have come to appreciate this more in my later years as Uncle Steve grew up in the Great Depression in which food was scarce.

No comments: