Monday, January 26, 2009

Stanley Anthony Rucki

Here's a picture of my grandfather, Stanley Anthony Rucki. Stanley was born on 3 Aug 1915 in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio and passed away on 4 Jun 1958 in Batttle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan. He is the son of Anthony Rucki & Adela Anna Kielb.

Stanley was previously married Betty Komives and they had three boys who were my mother's half brothers. Some stories have come down to me that my mother & aunt spent sometime with the Rucki family in the summers of their youth.

Stanley died before I was born so all I know about him has been told to me by my family. The story goes that he had a heart attack while he was working on the roof of his home, fell off the roof and was impaled on a fence. With his death my grandmother remarried and contact with the Rucki side of the family has been very limited over the years. In the past two years I've been in contact with my mother's cousin which has been real exciting to learn more about my Rucki side of the family.

No comments: