Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stanley G. Rucki

Here's the obituary of my uncle, Stanley G. Rucki. I only have a few short memories of Uncle Jerry when I was quite young. Grandpa & Grandma Foss lived on Bristol Lake in Michigan. One summer I recall Uncle Jerry came to visit them and while there took me out fishing in the boat. This was a real treat for me as I loved to fish but going fishing in the boat was down right awesome. He took me to some corner of the lake that had quite a few lilies growing. I can also remember him spending sometime with me explaining some of the best jigs to use. It seems like no time at all and I had a very large dogfish on my line. I think it must have been close to three feet long but memories of fish always seem to get stretched. I battled that fish for more than ten minutes and Uncle Jerry came with the net as it neared the boat but at the last moment the fish broke the line and got away!

1 comment:

-*Ash Bebe*- said...

Stanley G. Rucki was my grandfather. I miss him very much.